Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Garden: Day Two

Saturday started bright and early.  Caleb hired two laborers for the day.  With all three working just about non stop and a little help from the twins, they were able to get most of the garden beds in and the paths in between compacted.


The ground out here is horrible.  It is full with what we call "Greenfield potatoes".  You can't dig without picking up rocks.  Ton's of rocks of all different sizes.


I took hundreds of pictures over the past two days.  As I was going through them two really caught my eye.  As you all know, the twins look nothing a like, in fact most things about them are completely opposite.  Recently, if my back is turned and they are talking I can't tell who is who but other than that there are really no other physical similarities.  That is until I saw these pictures....
Here is Layton chilling out on the backhoe.


Here is Colton taking a break on the dirt pile.
See it?  They both make the same face when they are sitting back watching something.  I noticed it again the other night when we were all watching Frozen Planet on the Discovery Channel.


 Layton hard at work digging up "Greenfield potatoes".


Slowly coming together.


Listening to his dad telling him where to dig next.
Up to this point they were all about half way through the day.  I'll post pictures of the rest of the day hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment